Sustainable Giving for Small Businesses
May 14, 2021 from 8am-9am PST
THIS ONE-HOUR WEBINAR WILL HELP YOU START AND GROW AN INCREDIBLE GIVING PROGRAM IN YOUR OWN SMALL BUSINESS
About this Event
This one-hour webinar will help small business owners start their own sustainable giving programs. Hear first hand how other small business owners have realized their dreams of creating change in their communities – while supporting their employees to do the same.
Who is this for?
Best for small business owners and the decision makers on their teams who need next steps to launch a giving program. Panelists are Orange County based with local, state, national, and global reach.
Andy O’Brien, Managing Director of Tax & Financial Group
Tara Bokosky, Financial Advisor of Tax & Financial Group
Elizabeth Andrade, CEO of Family Assistance Ministries (FAM)
Tim Strauch, CEO of OneOC
Elyas Balta, CEO and Founder of Euroline Steel Windows and Doors
Cindy Goss, President of Propel Business Solutions, Inc.
Kathy Dawson, CEO of Dawson and Dawson, Inc.
Brian Andersen, Founder and CEO of Telecomprehensive.
What will you learn?
The Basics of Corporate Social Responsibility
- What is CSR and why does it matter for business?
- How can businesses decide what nonprofit to support?
- How do you judge a nonprofit organization?
- What do nonprofits need from businesses?
- What is a 990?
- What are the benefits of donating to or supporting a nonprofit?
- Where can a potential donor find a list of existing corporate supporters?
- Case Studies: The View From Small Business Owners
- Why do you support a nonprofit?
- Is it altruistic?
- Are there benefits that you have garnered?
- How do you go about implementing it into your business?
- What advice do you have for a small business deciding to start a CSR program?
- What are some things to look out for or beware of?
- What will you take-away?
After webinar is complete, attendees will receive FAQs and top tips that walk small business owners through practical and actionable steps. These take-aways will be distributed by email.
Who is hosting the event?
The Leadership Tomorrow Class of 2021 is the host for this important webinar. Each year nearly 30 community leaders participate in the Leadership Tomorrow program. Corporate and business people, residents, community activists, and public sector employees come together through Leadership Tomorrow to learn more about our community. Participants in this program establish a network of informed peers; learn creative ways to address community issues; and increase effectiveness as a leader. Anyone who lives or works in Irvine, Costa Mesa, Tustin, or Newport Beach may apply to this 9-month program.
Find out more at https://www.leadershiptomorrow.org/